! My Week!
First on Monday, January 10th, I went to Library class and learned about Martin Luther King's Birthday because it is coming up and I also started writing a paper about how I would change the world. Then my brothers both had basketball games so my mom went to Elizabeth City to watch my older brother play and I went with my uncle to my younger brothers basketball game. Then after that I went to Slice for pizza at $1 a slice. This is my older brother Devan in the video.
Then in the picture below this is my younger brother Trenton. My brother is number 7 on the Surf Rats!!!!!!
COLD. BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Then on Tuesday I had Spanish class but i did not have soccer because it was to cold outside. mrkyletaylor.blogspot.com is the website for this image.
Then on Tuesday I had Spanish class but i did not have soccer because it was to cold outside. mrkyletaylor.blogspot.com is the website for this image.Then on Wed. I had Art class we made coil out of clay I had so much fun. Also on Wed. I had Wright Flight. Wright flight is a program that I have at my school that helps us learn about the history of Aviation.It also helps us learn to accomplish goals that we have set for ourselves to do by the end of the fifth grade. It is a very interesting program that I am lucky to have at my school. My final for Wright Flight will be on Wed. the 19th.
Wright Flight
"Helping Kids Reach New Heights"
Then on Thursday I had music class and my brother Devan had another basketball game. And I had soccer practice at an indoor gym and since my dad was still in Philadelphia at a funeral my uncle took me to the practice and picked me up while my mom went to Devan's game.
On Friday I had P.E. and I had Social Studies. I got a new work sheet about the north east and I will have a test on it on Thursday the 20th.
Then on Saturday I went to the Rec center to watch my Dads/Brothers game. We are still undefeated. GO SURF RATS!!! Then after the game Coach Barret asked me to come to his practice at the fire station. He is a coach for the u10 storm team he wanted me to practice with his team so they would have a challenge. And my team might scrimmage that same team on tuesday the 18th.
Go Storm!!
WHOO!!!
Then on Sunday I went to my friend Vanessa 's 11th birthday party. We had cake, ice cream, and cupcakes.
This is an paper that i wrote in school last week!
All About Marshmallows
By: Alex Rodman
Marshmallows are one of America’s great inventions that many people all over the globe enjoy very much. Marshmallows were created by Alex Doumak from Doumak Inc.
Marshmallows were originally made by root sap from the marshmallow plant. This is a special herb that grows in damp places or marshes and is found in certain parts of North Africa, Europe, and Asia. The plant has leaves, a fleshy stem, and pale flowers with five petals each.
Marshmallows were first made by boiling the root pulp of the marsh mallow plant with sugar until it turned thick. After it had thickened, the m combination of the plant would be strained and cooled.
Marshmallows stretch across the time line all the way back to ancient Egypt. The marshmallow plant has been enjoyed by many people in many ways for a very long time. Egyptians have been combining marsh mallow root with honey as far back as 2000 B.C. Back then the candy was reserved for gods and royalty. A little later in time other whipping creams took the place of mallow roots on the ingredients list.
Around the 1850’s France was where first modern marshmallow confections were made .The method that was first used to manufacture was slow and expensive because molding and casting of each marshmallow was involve the process.
Mass consumption for marshmallows was available by the 1900’s and marshmallows were sold as penny candy in tins. Possibility of huge marshmallow production became legible because of the starch mogul system of manufacture. In this invention a machine automatically fills trays with starch in approximately two inches. Then after the trays are filled it is evenly pressed and smoothed out. Soon a printing board created out of wood molds the mallows into shape. The space created is filled with warm cream.
Around 1995 a man named Alex Doumak from Doumak, Inc., discovered a new manufacturing method that is often still used today. This creation has changed the manufacturing business of marshmallows forever. His machine allowed marshmallows to produce in only 60 minutes this was called the extrusion process. Favorite Brand Internationals (Kraft), Kidd Company, and Doumak, Inc. are the only three marshmallow companies in the United States.
Starch Mogul System For Manufacturing Marshmallows
The ingredients that are used to manufacture marshmallows are corn syrup, sugar and dextrose. Also Corn Starch, water, gum, gelatin, food modified starch, and whipped egg whites. When these ingredients are combined together they create the texture, taste and appearance. When marshmallows are colorful they are often filled with artificial coloring and flavoring.
Marshmallows are used in many ways like marshmallow guns, and they are used in many cooking recipes. Like cupcakes, cakes, Rice crispie Treats, Yams and much more and they are also used in marshmallow guns.
Marshmallows population has obviously grown a lot throughout the years. They are loved by many people around the world. Marshmallows have become very common in many places because of all of their uses. Marshmallows are obviously a very amazing invention.
What about your boring story? Why don't you post that?
ReplyDelete