Sunday, January 9, 2011

My life after school!!!!!!

This week was alot of fun. On monday I went to my dads/brothers basketball practice and after that sense I was ravenous we went to  Slice Pizzaria because on monday the serve pizza at a dollar a slice.20110105StanziatosBacon.jpgYum!! Slice Pizza!!!

Then on Tuesday I went to my outdoor soccer practice. Usually I have indoor practice during this time of the year because it is very cold outside. But recently my team and I have been outdoor practicing on tuesdays because we are preparing for a very important tournoment called Beast of the east.

Second Place Winners
Then on wed. I went to the first flight middle school, the school my brother attends. I went there to watch my brothers basketball game he plays on the schools team, the seahawks.We WON that game vs. Manteo.
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Then on Thursday I went to my teams indoor practice at the storm shelter. Then after my practice was taken to my brtohers other basketball game at First flight. In that game that they played  they lost badly but the girls team is undefeated.



On friday I got my test back from social studies and then my mom picked me up from school.Then I went to bed early because I had a soccer game in the morning.Then when I got home my dad left to go to New Jersey so he ould see the eagles game on Sunday.


I got an A+ or 105% on my test

Then when I woke up on saturday at 9:30 and I drove 2  1/2 hours to Williamsburg, Virgina. Then I watched a soccer game at 12:00 and at 2:00 I played a soccer game and won 5-0 and I scored one of the goals from half feild while I was playing defence. I was thrilled.Then my second game I also won 2-3.
Then on Sunday I relaxed untill 12:00 and I went to my brothers basketball practice and then at 2:00 talon and I went to the art show that showed our artwork.



That was my amazing week.

<            >
0
{_______}
Alex Rodman

Tis is and essay I wrote about soccer throughout the week.

Soccer
Written By: Alex Rodman

I have several hobbies that I enjoy very much, but the hobby that I enjoy most is soccer.
I love soccer! Every day I can’t wait to get on the field and see the soccer balls plunge into the net and hear cleats chip the grass. I love the feeling of victory when you score a goal and strike the ball into the net, unleashing all of your might.
It is an amazing moment when you attack the ball, race down the field and score a triumphant goal. I love to walk onto the field and smell the freshly cut grass and hear the loud whistles blowing and the parents hollering with all of her might. Another reason I love soccer is that I get to spend time with my friend’s .About three times a week we gather together as a team and we all review and learn new skills that will help us throughout the game. So I get to play soccer very often.
Some equipment that is used for soccer are; a soccer ball, a field, shin guards, cleats, ankle guards, soccer socks, a jersey (optional ,you can wear a t-shirt), shorts (optional), a goal, someone to play with (optional), and water for hydration. Sometimes a hair band is needed to hold up your hair so you can see and in outdoor soccer often when it is cold people wear under armor.
I love all kinds of soccer including indoor. Indoor soccer is very similar to outdoor but it has a few extra rules. In indoor soccer the wall is like your eighth man, it will always be there to help everywhere throughout the field. To me it seems like I am a magnet and the ball is a metal fork, no matter where you kick the ball it always comes right back. If you have ever played indoor soccer you will know that the game is very quick. In a blink of an eye a goal can be scored. In indoor soccer you are always moving around because this game is played at a very fast pace and I think that is why I enjoy it so much.
I also love soccer because it is a challenging and aggressive sport. Just like in life I set goals for myself in soccer for example I will know this move by Friday night. As a wise man once set you can’t score if you never take a shot. Soccer plays a very important role in my life. Soccer is clearly my favorite hobby.


1 comment:

  1. Busy week for me too, I know how you feel. e had to go back to Williamsburg for another soccer tourney on Sunday.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete